To Report a Crime


The Ventura County Sheriff’s Office is responsible for investigating crime occurring in the unincorporated areas of Ventura County and in the contract cities of Camarillo, Fillmore, Moorpark, Ojai, and Thousand Oaks.


Your options for reporting a crime are:

  • Dial 9-1-1 in the case of an emergency or
  • Dial (805) 654-9511 for assistance


In most cases it is best to call us from your residence, business, or where the crime occurred. The Ventura County Sheriff's Office deploys many resources to the field in an effort to better serve the communities we patrol. As a result, we do not typically staff our patrol stations with deputies to take reports. For this reason we encourage people wishing to report a crime, a concern, suspicious activity, etc. to please contact the Sheriff's Communications Center at the telephone number listed above. If you need to speak with a specific deputy or need information from a specific patrol station, please contact your local patrol station during normal business hours. 


View Ventura County Sheriff Patrol Station Locations

View our 911 FAQ [English] [Spanish]