1/10/2012 8:11:00 AM
Nature of Incident:
Date & Time:
(S)uspects, (V)ictims, (W)itnesses (D)ecedent
City of Residence
Ventura County Crime Stoppers is a nonprofit organization run by volunteers and supported solely by donations from local citizens and organizations. Crime Stoppers issues monetary rewards on a monthly basis to persons who provide details, which lead to the arrest of persons, or the stopping of an ongoing or potential crime event. Volunteers provide round-the-clock monitoring of these 'tips' and coordinate information with local, state, and national law enforcement agencies.
The following are but a few examples of the success of Crime Stoppers in Ventura County:
- Reporting of ongoing gang and drug activity resulted with the arrest of five adults for drug trafficking and gang violence.
- Reporting of child molestation resulted with the arrest of a parent for victimizing a child.
- Reporting of assault and stolen property resulted with the arrests of several adults, recovery of stolen property, and breaking up a Santa Barbara and Ventura County residential burglary ring.
- Reporting of Internet liaison resulted with the arrest of an adult male, who traveled from out of state to meet and "runaway" with a juvenile female. The parents were unaware of the Internet postings and pending plans.
- Reporting location of parolee resulted with the arrest of an armed and combative parolee who had successfully evaded capture for weeks.
- Reporting suspects of gang assault resulted with the arrest of several gang members.
- Reporting of pointing laser pointer at airplanes/helicopters resulted with the arrest of a person responsible for committing the crime.
- Reporting of a suspicious subject/circumstance resulted with the arrest of a person who was plotting to intentionally harm others.
From these few examples, Crime Stoppers has been a proven successful component for law enforcement officials to combat and deter the criminal element from our communities. As stated earlier, Crime Stoppers is a non-profit organization, funded by local citizens and organizations.
Please consider donating to this worthwhile organization. Donations can be made via PayPal directly to Ventura County Crime Stoppers. 100% of your donation to Ventura County Crime Stoppers helps us continue our fight against crime.
Crime Stoppers is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation with no paid employees. For further information, please visit their website: http://www.venturacountycrimestoppers.org/
As a reminder, the Ventura County Crime Stoppers will pay up to a $1,000 reward for information, which leads to the arrest and criminal complaint against the person(s) responsible for committing crimes. The caller may remain anonymous, and the call is not recorded. Call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS (8477).
Deputy Preparing Media Release:
Captain Mike Aranda
Media Release Date:
January 9, 2012
Captain Mike Aranda
Captain Patti Salas